How to return or repay the CERB

Author: FILETAXHERE INC. | | Categories: Accounting Services , Bookkeeping Services , Business Tax Filing , Income Tax Services , Payroll Services , Personal Tax Returns , Tax Credit , Tax Filing , Tax Firm , Tax Preparation , Tax Preparer , Tax Refund

You have the option to return or repay your CERB payment now.

To repay the CERB, you have the following options:

-Online: using CRA My Account -Online banking: with your financial institution

  • Sign in to your financial institution's online banking service
  • Under "Add a payee" look for an option such as: CRA (revenue) – tax instalment
  • Enter your 9 digit social insurance number (SIN) as the CRA account number

-By mail: mail a cheque or money order to the CRA

  • Make the payment out to "Receiver General for Canada"
  • Indicate it is for "Repayment of CERB"
  • Indicate which eligibility period you are repaying
  • Include your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or your Temporary Tax Number (TTN)
  • Mail your payment, refer to: Mail back your payment.

If you still have the original CERB cheque, you can return the cheque by mail. Be sure to include:

  • the reason for returning the cheque
  • your Social Insurance Number

For the mailing address, refer to: Mail back your payment.

Learn more, click here: