How to return or repay the CERB
You have the option to return or repay your CERB payment now.
To repay the CERB, you have the following options:
-Online: using CRA My Account -Online banking: with your financial institution
- Sign in to your financial institution's online banking service
- Under "Add a payee" look for an option such as: CRA (revenue) – tax instalment
- Enter your 9 digit social insurance number (SIN) as the CRA account number
-By mail: mail a cheque or money order to the CRA
- Make the payment out to "Receiver General for Canada"
- Indicate it is for "Repayment of CERB"
- Indicate which eligibility period you are repaying
- Include your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or your Temporary Tax Number (TTN)
- Mail your payment, refer to: Mail back your payment.
If you still have the original CERB cheque, you can return the cheque by mail. Be sure to include:
- the reason for returning the cheque
- your Social Insurance Number
For the mailing address, refer to: Mail back your payment.